Old 26-04-2003, 01:44 AM
mad

Default How odd is my design?

you can do that. my veggie filter is the plants within the pond proper, and
sitting in the bowl of my birdbath. the reason some folks do it is the wily
koi. koi like to eat plants and the ones they don't eat they tend to uproot.
so if all the plants are in another separate pond then the fish can't wreck
the hyacinth. those that have a separate veggie filter have to pump pond
water into the veggie filter (that's the whole point of having one...duh!)
:-D
mad

--
See my zone 8B pond:
http://community.webshots.com/album/14478479WdPMkPBPmt

From: (Kelly E Jones)
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:48:10 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: How odd is my design?

BenignVanilla wrote:
It occurred to me today...I am going to be pumping water from my filter to
my reservoir pond, and the pond will then gravity feed the filter. How bass
ackwards is this? Does anyone else have a pump in their VF?

My question is (from a newbie perspective) is: Why do people use a
separate VF at all? Why not just partition off a portion of the pond
for veggies, and plant them there? I don't quite understand the
reason for having a separate box/bucket/pond/whatever for the VF...
Any clues for me?

Kelly