Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Done on Ebay again...please help identify plant.

On 10/08/2013 10:11, Roger wrote:
Good morning everyone. I purchased what were supposedly the following
http://tinyurl.com/ke7j8gk
Iberis sempervirens - Snowflake - 100 Seeds - Perennial Candytuft
from Ebay.

Not many of the seeds took, but they did with a passion. These are
only supposed to grow about 6inches or so. But the plants I have are
flying high at up to 18inches and they ere only planted as seeds in
June!

Sorry the pics are quite poor but its very windy out there. One of my
neighbours thinks they are weeds...lol

Could I please ask some of you to take a look and see what you think?
http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/ab...ibrary/flowers

Many thanks in anticipation.

One thought.
What sort of soil/compost did you sow the seeds in?
I remember a neighbour who was a very experienced gardener sowing a tray
of seed in garden soil, then pricking out a very nice tray of
willow-herb from it.