Old 11-08-2013, 10:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Pre-emergent

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:16:53 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
I'm about to put in a flat of Dymondia, which I'm using on a seldom-used path to a side fence instead of stepping stones. I'm assured that after it takes hold and the individual parts merge, it's trouble & maintenance free..

Nursery guy was very emphatic that I put down "pre-emergent" whatchacallit AFTER the flat is in. Says I'll be sorry if I don't as weeds will (my term) overwhelm the ground cover.

I've never used this stuff, so nervous about putting it on top of the Dymondia.

Any experience out there?

This is So.Calif coastal

TIA

HB

Still VERY confused. Directions on pe-emergent package say to apply around/to? ESTABLISHED PLANTS. But I just put in a flat of Dymondia, leaving the recommended spaces between plants to fill in. When can these little guys be considered "established"??? If I want to control putative weeds in between plants, don't I need to apply NOW before weeds sprout? I.E., strew between plants. But are plants "established"? Not nitpicking words; genuinely confused.

Help!

HB