Old 12-08-2013, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gogo[_3_] gogo[_3_] is offline

Default 3 plants for ID please

On 12/08/2013 09:35, kay wrote:
David Hill;989660 Wrote:
On 11/08/2013 18:38, David56802 wrote:-
I wonder if some of the experts here can please help me identify the
following?

The first is a garden plant about four feet tall (at the moment!). The
second is a shrub about 15 feet tall. The third is a small tree.

Any ideas?

|Filename: unknown1.jpg |
|Download: The 2nd is Escalonia, you say it's abush about
15fthttp://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15797|
|Filename: unknown2.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15798|
|Filename: unknown3.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15799|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+-

The 2nd is Escalonia,
You say it's a bush about 15 ft tall, that gives me a problem with the
3rd.
It is a form of Privet, I suspect the ordinary hedging form (Ligustrum
Ovalifolium, or Ligustrum Vulgare ) but I've never seen it growing as a

tree,
There is a form of Tree Privet (Ligustrum lucidum). but it has leaves
about 3 inches long and the tree can reach 30ft .
David

Flower shape of 2 is a better fit for Pyracantha than for Escallonia.

Sorry to disagree, but I think it's the complete opposite. Type
"Escallonia 'Iveyi'" in google images search and see the results....