Old 16-08-2013, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing but not flowering

"Sacha" wrote in message
I wonder how many of us have noticed that things have grown and recovered
from the cold spring but aren't flowering? Our Clematis rehderiana was
looking very sorry for itself but has put on new leaves and grown quite a
bit, too but we don't think it's going to flower this year. I imagine it's
taken all its strength just to survive and get new leaves. The Rosa
banksiae lutea tangled up with it did much the same. It put out a few
blooms very very late but obviously was conserving its strength.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I think the Clematis may yet surprise you, ours normally doesn't bud until
September but I will admit its behind where it normally would be at this
time of year.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs