Old 16-08-2013, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rain, Rain Rain

On 16/08/2013 11:14, David in Normandy wrote:
On 16/08/2013 11:25, Emery Davis wrote:
On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 11:02:03 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:55:35 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I hope Sacha has had enough rain this time, in the last couple of days
we have had just over an inch, and there is more forecast for tomorrow,
then please can we have some dry and sunny weather/
David @ a yet again damp side of Swansea Bay

Send some our way, please!

Our garden needs more rain.

We've not had any. It really is dry as dry. Been lugging water around
but quite large maples are now suffering.

Dry as 007's martini!

I've pumped the well dry three times now to water the veg garden. The
well is struggling more and more to recover each time. Few spots of rain
this morning while harvesting potatoes, other than that nothing. If I
hadn't watered the veg they would all be long dead by now. Excellent
crop of Daisy potatoes though (down to the watering) and lots of sun.

As the clouds that brought the rain cane from your general direction you
should have grabbed them when you had the chance.
Sorry