Old 26-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Christopher

Default pearling after water change

if you have a (severe) potassium deficiency you will start noticing pinholes
in your big broad leaves (like anubias) and then the pinholes will increase
in size until your once solid leaf looks now like a net.

"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
"Jeffrey Girard" wrote:

Three important things must exist for pearling to occur: plenty of the

right
light, sufficient CO2, and the right concentration and balance of

nutrients.
Now you say you fertilize, but what exactly are you adding?

Up until I hit this "too much CO2" situation, I was adding Flourish
Excel daily. I also add Flourish and Leaf Zone weekly, per
instructions on the bottles.

I would suspect you have a potassium deficiency.

That would explain the foot cramps.

About half of the plants in my tank were only planted within the last
week, so perhaps they haven't settled in enough yet.

you have to have everything there and in the right amount for the plants

be able to grow.

That's a fact. The wisteria has always grown like a weed, and the new
sunset hygro I recently added looks like it's going to leave the
wisteria far behind in that race.

--
www.ericschreiber.com