Old 17-08-2013, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Cleaning electric Flymo with pressure washer - Y/N?

Lobster wrote:
Looking at the years of buildup of crud underneath the 'skirt' of my
electric Flymo, I was just wondering whether using a pressure washer to
clean it down occasionally would be as potentially foolhardy as it
sounds, or whether the electrics are IP protected from moisture
underneath anyway? I've never dismantled one to find out - anyone know?

As long as you're careful not to spray the motor and avoid spraying near
the motor shaft (high pressure washers can force water into bearings) I
can't see there being a big problem.

Tim