Old 28-08-2013, 07:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default I just finished

Canning 18 half-pints of jalapenos from my garden . I used a very basic
pickling recipe , 1c vinegar , 1c water 1tbsp kosher I used sea salt .
Processed them in my wife's steam canner , and increased the time 50% over
water-bath time . Last time I looked there were 11 sealed all the first
batch and 1 from the 2nd and a couple more on the cusp ... jars are still
pretty hot .
I picked 85 peppers from my 4 plants , and about half of them had gone red
.. Some I tossed from insect damage , a handful went into the freezer . Those
are destined for some salsa . The canned ones will warm up those cold winter
daze on some nachos ... and sandwiches ... and anything else I can ! It's
going to be hard to wait a couple of weeks to try these ...
--
Snag
16 of 18 ! Watched