Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Getting toward the end

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:25:28 -0400, songbird
wrote:

The Cook wrote:

A couple of days ago we picked all the shell beans and they are in a
cardboard box in the family room. If I have to trip over them I
remember to shake them up a bit so they all dry. Also pulled all of
the plants from that box. Still have some Roma beans coming in.

i love the tactile feel of shelling and sorting
beans.

Still have peppers (bell, jalapeno and Poblano), eggplant and a few
tomatoes coming in. Still picking blueberries. Just finished making
2 dozen bb muffins. Decided I would not tempt DH with the Blueberry
Pudding Cake.

ooh! that sounds good!

Think I will make some Eggplant Parmigiana in a day or two. Eat some
and freeze some. Tonight it is corn pudding plus whatever else we
decide on.

is that like scrapple without the scraps?

songbird

No. Think rice pudding but with no sugar but some spices and corn.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills