Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Summer Squash Wars

Farm1 wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message

It's all very confusing when you're used to 16 ounces to a pint,

That is precisley what my sodding Pyrezx measuring jugs made in the
US keep trying to tell me.

Every time I drag them out of the cupboard, I correct them and tell
them in no uncertain terms that there are 20 ounces in a Pint but
they are totally recalitrant an drefuse to believe it and will never
correct their erroneous markings. I have to always make sure that I
add the extra 4 ounces or otherwise I'd be short in my Pint measures.

I am sorry to tell you that even then you don't have an imperial pint as
their fluid ounce isn't the same as an imperial one.

An imperial pint is about 19.2 fluid oz US.

;-(