Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Getting toward the end

The Cook said:

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:25:28 -0400, songbird wrote:

The Cook wrote:

Tonight it is corn pudding plus whatever else we
decide on.

is that like scrapple without the scraps?

songbird

No. Think rice pudding but with no sugar but some spices and corn.

We had a planting of sweet corn get away from us a bit (weather and
travel) so it had started to get a bit tough and doughy.

I cut the kernals off and ran them through my Italian tomato press
to get a nice, smooth paste and made corn pudding. I went with
cardamom and coriander for spices. YUMMM.

I mixed 2 eggs, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tb flour, 3/4 tsp salt,
1 tsp cardamom, 1/2 tsp coriander, and the results of processing
eight ears of overly-mature sweet corn.

Put it in a 1 qt. baking dish and dot with butter. Bake at 325 deg
for about 1 hour.

You could add some sugar to make this a dessert dish, or change
out the spices I used for, say, rosemary to make it more savory.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored