Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Green hydrangeas

j wrote:
My blue hydrangeas have been turning green as the season goes on.

How do you fix that?

I finally have a good spot (shady) and good year for them (plentiful
rainfall) and now green flowers.

Jeff

I think a greenish hue is on basically white flowers but I don't grow them
and there are many species of hydrangea so I could be wrong. In general the
flowers of the more common variety are more blue in acid soil. Perhaps you
limed the soil this year? Try testing your soil pH. It easier to make soil
less acid (by adding lime) than to make it more acid. Maybe you could add
more lime and make them pink/purple.

David