Old 19-08-2013, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Crickets & grasshoppers

Sacha wrote in news:b7emg6FavnvU1
@mid.individual.net:

For some reason, this year we've had 3 grasshoppers and two crickets in
the house. One cricket was downstairs, the other dead in a bathroom
upstairs and the grasshoppers all in our bedroom. The crickets are the
big bush crickets and the grasshoppers are a beautiful pale green, like
tiny pieces of jade. We have loads of brown grasshoppers in the field
but the green ones are seen much less often. Why they want to get into
the house, heaven only knows! Is anyone else experiencing this?

I don't know if they can see in colours but if I wear my sandy boots some
seem to stick to them.

Baz