Old 20-08-2013, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Maincrop spuds....

On 20/08/2013 21:29, Bertie Doe wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote in message ...

BTW: Anyone know what to do with a "courgette" that is around three
feet long and nearly a foot in diameter? I think it might be too heavy
to lift onto the wheelbarrow!

My neighbour swears by this Jane Kennedy "Pizza" recipe, to utilise her
runnaway courgettes :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_utAERckhNg
I haven't tried it yet. Ok that's got rid of 500g, the remaining 10Kg
maybe more tricky ...

This particular one "got away" some weeks ago, so I'm letting it grow as
much as it wants out of curiosity. I tend to harvest the smaller marrows
later in the season to store over winter for use in soups, stews and to
make ginger, lemon and marrow jam (which is gorgeous).

This particular courgette plant was set where I used to have a compost
heap and it appears to adore the soil there. Much too rich for most
other plants.

--
David in Normandy.