Old 21-08-2013, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Strawberry propagation

Next year I have other plans for the strawberry patch. I want to transfer
them from the allotment soil into planters. I'm thinking of buying 6 Quadro
stackables from eBay :- http://tinyurl.com/kz85g9s

I've filled some 3" pots with compost and placed them under the runners, to
root the newly forming strawberry plantlets.

Q1. When the plantlets have become established, should I leave them in situ
to over-Winter or should they be transferred to the coldframe?

Q2. Next year, will the parent plants still be capable of producing good
fruit (in the planter) or should I rely on 'new blood'. Thanks in
anticipation.