Old 27-08-2013, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Aspen 2-stroke mixture

I took some of my 2-stroke gardening implements in for service/repair
recently. One piece, a brush cutter, needed a new carburettor. The
proprietor recommended the use of Aspen ready mixed alkylate fuel which
claims not only to be clean for the environment but is better for
2-stroke engines.

There's plenty of info on the web about claims for Aspen fuel so I won't
repeat it here. But what I'd like to know - is it worth it bearing in
mind that it costs more than twice what petrol does? Does anyone here
have any experience of it?

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France