Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill P Bill P is offline

Default Compost Worms

On 01/09/2013 08:00, 'Mike' wrote:
I never have trouble getting a good supply of compost worms into my bins
so it has raised a question. Why are compost worms for sale?

I believe that all of the Dalek type bins are open bottomed so even if
they are standing on concrete, worms will find the bin, look at when you
lift a wet paving slab or pot, there are worms underneath.

OR; and this is the second question. Are the compost type worms which I
find plentiful naturally, an element or characteristic of of the area
'South of the Watford Gap' for example?

Mike

Hi Mike,
I am South/West Durham and always have plenty of compost worms in the bins.

--
Bill P.
Shildon