Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Daffs

On 2013-09-04 14:39:34 +0100, David Hill said:

I hate to break the present Off topic drift of this group.
But.
Can anyone give me names for any Daffs that will flower by the New Year.
David @ a now overcast side of Swansea Bay

I can't think of anything that early except forced ones. Do you mean
outdoors or indoors, though? One of the earlyish types is King Alfred
which was the one often planted in Jersey to catch the then flourishing
early flower markets in England. But that's not out until late Feb or
March in the fields.

I mean for growing outside.
In front of the old West Glamorgan county Hall in Swansea they have a
few yellow daffs that flower somewhere between late Dec and the end of Jan.