Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Daffs

On 2013-09-04 17:03:37 +0000, Jake said:

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:39:34 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I hate to break the present Off topic drift of this group.
But.
Can anyone give me names for any Daffs that will flower by the New Year.
David @ a now overcast side of Swansea Bay

According to the RHS, Paper White and Tete-a-tete can flower at
Christmas if planted in September. I quote " Their natural flowering
period is January or February, but good quality bulbs will flower in 6
to 10 weeks from planting". Depends what you mean by "daffs" though.

Could be wrong but I had the impression David meant real, proper yellow
daffs! ;-) I like very much the ones you mention but wouldn't -
personally - call them daffs.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com