Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Daffs

On 04/09/2013 19:56, Jake wrote:
On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:21:41 +0100, sacha wrote:

Could be wrong but I had the impression David meant real, proper yellow
daffs! ;-) I like very much the ones you mention but wouldn't -
personally - call them daffs.

I think he did too and I wouldn't either. But seeing his other reply
to you, I'd bet that out of wads of bulbs, a few just happen to flower
early. I'd be very surprised if anyone there has any record of what
varieties were planted though I'd guess a "cheap and cheerful" mix.

If I may join in this conversation.
I was brought up with Daffs being yellow with a long trumpet, and
Narcissus having short trumpets.
David @ a still warm side of Swansea Bay