Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Hedge

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:36:40 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:31:50 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

We have a gap in our hedge where some trees have been cut down. The
stumps
are still there. Is there anything I can grow there to fill in that
gap?
If so how do I get around the stump thing without having to get them dug
out. If it is possible, what plants would grow quickly to fill it the
gap
please?

We planted beech.

Over the stumps and roots?

You have to solve the stump problem first.

I was wondering whether I could raise the soil level and plant something
like privet? The rest of the hedge is laylandii

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/