Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] is offline

Default Hedge

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:31:50 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

We have a gap in our hedge where some trees have been cut down. The stumps
are still there. Is there anything I can grow there to fill in that gap?
If so how do I get around the stump thing without having to get them dug
out. If it is possible, what plants would grow quickly to fill it the gap
please?

--

Ballerina roses are good gap fillers and grow fairly quickly even if
they are partially obstructed by old stumps.

Steve