Old 12-09-2013, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Large black dragonfly

On 2013-09-11 17:19:26 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote ..

I didn't see it but a largeish black dragonfly was seen in one of the
greenhouses the other day. It's not a type we've seen round here
before and it's thought 'he' was at the end of his life as the wings
were very tattered. I just hope the pond was discovered and eggs laid
by a female.

Probably one of these...
http://www.british-dragonflies.org.u...s/black-darter

It was this one, Bob. I talked today to one of the staff who'd seen it
here and another who'd seen it at her mother's home in Wales. Gorgeous
thing!
http://www.dragonfly-images.co.uk/#/...fly/4531807174
--

Sacha