Old 13-09-2013, 01:13 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrygirl View Post
Hi Chris,
Thanks for replying, I'm judging it against the Big Jumbo which I have. I set it at 24oC last night, checked it this morning, still read 24 but when I placed my hand on it, it was not warm. We brought it into the house just an hour ago put it in a dark cool room, set it at 30oC. It got mildly warm but again I think not hot enough. Correct me if I'm wrong
Have you got another thermometer you could check it against? One of those liquid crystal ones would be good because it would hold close to the heating panel, otherwise any thermometer, but keep the lid on the propagator, otherwise heat loss to the air will mean that the temperature you read will be less than the temperature that would be experienced by the plants.