Old 14-09-2013, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Plug for HEBE

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:37:23 PM UTC-7, Farm1 wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

I just LOVE this shrub!

I really dislike all the hebes.

I do like a particular parahebe that I have in my garden but i've never
yet

beena ble to fin dout what its proper name is. I plant that parahebe

through my garden a lot and have also givne away lots of baby plants from

then.

I've successfully managed to kill all the hebes that people have given me

after first saying thinks and trying to look grateful.

Could you post WHY you don't like them?

Dunno. I just don't and I really have no real idea why I don't like them.
It's not the least bit logical because as you say they are reasonable tough
and look reasonably presentable to most gardeners and they flower. I just
don't like them.

I'm also not fond of tulips but love daffodils.

I remember once being asked why I didn't like tulips and my auto response
was that they were stiff and formal looking. Luckily the person who asked
the question didn't press me because I later realised that daffodils could
equally be described as being stiff and formal. I also don't really like
camellias but do have some in the garden (not planted by me, nor looked
after by me yet they still manage to survive)

And if possible, what varieties were the ones you got rid of?

Sorry Higgs. To do that i'd needed to have taken note of them rather than
to have just shoved them in the ground in a distant spot and then not
visited them again for many months had passed, I've done in 2 of them that
way. Onee was a tiny, miniature looking one but that is the closest I can
get to a name or description.

I once gave a friend a Euphorbia (because I love them) and she planted it in
a place where she thought it would die and it is THE biggest, healthiest and
lush looking euphorbia that I've ever seen, I'm jealous and she's
smoldering because she didn't manage to kill it.