Old 14-09-2013, 02:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Plug for HEBE

Farm1 wrote:
I'm also not fond of tulips but love daffodils.

very interesting how tastes go.

one friend hates tulips and i grow many
different kinds of them, and i'm deathly
allergic to lilac bushes (but love them)
and she adores those... it's like cats
and dogs.

I remember once being asked why I didn't like tulips and my auto response
was that they were stiff and formal looking. Luckily the person who asked
the question didn't press me because I later realised that daffodils could
equally be described as being stiff and formal.

some types, strike me as bland, but to me that is
because they have been bred into the cup shape. i
much prefer the lily flowering tulips in contrast or
some of the species tulips.

I also don't really like
camellias but do have some in the garden (not planted by me, nor looked
after by me yet they still manage to survive)

most plants here have to survive after
being watered a few times and maybe they
get trimmed once a season if that. if
they can't pass that test then they're
worm food.

I once gave a friend a Euphorbia (because I love them) and she planted it in
a place where she thought it would die and it is THE biggest, healthiest and
lush looking euphorbia that I've ever seen, I'm jealous and she's
smoldering because she didn't manage to kill it.

too funny.

songbird