Old 14-09-2013, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Asphalt costs

On 14/09/2013 18:34, 'Mike' wrote:
""A fool and his money are soon parted""

Now get another quote and tell them that 'you have a price just under
£1,500,what do you think?'

Mike

That paying too little is worse than paying too much, because the job
will have to be done again. So it will cost what you paid for the first
lousy job plus the fee for the decent job.

Use someone from Checkatrade or something similar.

--

Jeff

wrote in message

I have just been quoted £2,700 for asphalting 42 square metres of driveway.
It did include granite set kerbs at each end and some slightly fiddly work
round a doorstep. This is to renew a previously asphalted section so the
hard base is there.

The contractor reckoned it would take two days but I don't know how large a
crew that would involve. I would have thought two people could easily do the
work in that time.

This seems expensive to me. Does anyone else have any experience of pricing
that sort of work?

Thanks

Jonathan