Old 14-09-2013, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Asphalt costs

wrote in message
I have just been quoted £2,700 for asphalting 42 square metres of driveway.
It did include granite set kerbs at each end and some slightly fiddly work
round a doorstep. This is to renew a previously asphalted section so the
hard base is there.

The contractor reckoned it would take two days but I don't know how large a
crew that would involve. I would have thought two people could easily do the
work in that time.

This seems expensive to me. Does anyone else have any experience of pricing
that sort of work?

Thanks

Jonathan

I had an asphalt drive when I moved here but it deteriorated and broke up
after a few years. Rather than have another one similar I bit the bullet
and paid quite a lot to more have it block paved - which is still perfect
after 15 years (except for the weeds in the cracks) which I have to use a
hoe for every few weeks. Mainly dandelions which my chickens enjoy.