Old 16-09-2013, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Cannas

On 2013-09-16 10:19:46 +0100, David Hill said:

On 16/09/2013 08:29, brid wrote:
I live in south east england and with the colder weather looming, can
anyone advise as how to protect my cannas please?

I'd treat them like dahlias, after the first frost, lift and store
frost free. Replant in the spring.

That would probably be safest. The OP could grow them in pots, plunge
them in summer and lift them in autumn. But having the right place to
keep them over winter is important, too.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com