Old 19-09-2013, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Soaker hose

I have these placed in beds all over the garden. Needed some for new areas. Went to OSH (local homeowners/garden place). Only hose they carry was so crappy, it split even before using. Tried Home Despot. Carried same brand.

Decided to revert to previous M.O. : PVC pipe, capped at one end, other end equipped with hose junction. Small holes punched at intervals.

Previous endeavour had holes randomly placed; sprayed unevenly.

Resolved to do better.

How engineer holes along 10' length? How many needed for optimum coverage?

First thought: Alternate holes along opposite sides of pipe. But at what intervals? Punch holes at wide intervals and then intersperse if needed?

A lot of work. However, once I bought the fittings (pipe courtesy of neighbor)
gotta go through with it.

Sigh...

HB