Old 20-09-2013, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default OT Boasting

On 2013-09-19 17:34:06 +0000, Spider said:

On 19/09/2013 16:35, sacha wrote:
Can't resist boasting the Tea Room has won a Gold in Taste of the West
awards. All power to Pauline and her team!

Congratulations, Sacha! And to Pauline, of course. Will it be in the
local press?

I think they post a long list of all who have won awards in some of the
local papers, yes and on their own web site. They also post on Twitter
as the results come out and then add the names to their website
www.tasteofthewest.co.uk (We're not on there yet, so I know there's at
least 7 Gold winners in our category!) It's a bit like Chelsea (!)
several people can win the same awards in all the main categories. There
were just over 300 entrants altogether this year, so it takes them a
while to get around to everyone. You don't know who your judges are, of
course, until they proffer a voucher to pay with at the end. Our own
participation aside, it's a great promotional vehicle for the west and
the many great places to eat and the wonderful locally
grown/farmed/fished produce there is here. It's helped to get away from
the notion that it's all a pint and a pasty or nothing! Thank you for
the congrats which I'll pass along. Pauline and her team have earned it
- all I do is wash up on busy days and do some of the ordering, menu
planning, occasional shopping, typing and general dogsbodying!

I'm sure you're being far too modest. You're all obviously doing
something right.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London