Old 22-09-2013, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Darkside Darkside is offline

Default ID please :)

In article , Chris Hogg
writes

I've looked at this (it *seems* familiar), but there's not much to go
on. Can you tell us more about the rest of the plant and where it was
growing ie in what conditions.

I initially thought black nightshade, but the ribs are not right.
Ditto deadly nightshade. I also thought black mulberry but that's not
it either (and the OP would surely have described the fruit
differently), nor is it blueberry. I even thought black grape, but
although the leaf is nearer to the one the OP posted than the others,
I still don't think so, and anyway, surely the OP would recognise a
grape. At that point I gave up and left it to the experts!

Couldn't be a mulberry could it?
How long ago had it the black berries?
--
Sue ]