Old 28-09-2013, 07:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Squirrel meets tragic end

On 9/28/2013 12:19 PM, Davej wrote:
Found a gray squirrel next to my garden this morning. I have an ordinary electric fence around my garden to keep the deer out. Apparently a deer broke the wire sometime last night and this morning a poor squirrel got into the tangle of wire and met a sorry end. This is the first time I have found anything dead near the fence since I began using it five years ago when the local deer population began to explode. The electric wire is normally suspended as two strands four and five feet off the ground.

Hard to feel sorry for the tree rats as well as the rats with hooves

I've had snakes get tangled in deer netting around plants.
Fortunately have been able to free them.