Old 02-10-2013, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Squirrel meets tragic end

On 10/1/2013 10:37 PM, Snag wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
On 10/1/2013 3:38 PM, Davej wrote:
On Saturday, September 28, 2013, Davej wrote:
[...]

I've got an idea. I will connect the fence charger to a photocell so that
it is only turned on when it is dark.

Deer are generally nocturnal but not always, particularly when they have
no enemies and there is a food that they like. I've been chasing them
away at all hours since chestnuts are falling from my trees.

If there's free corn , they'll stop by in full daylight ... as evidenced
by my game cam today . Oh I didn't grow the corn , I put it out to attract
deer legal in Arkansas. Bow season is open , muzzleloader and rifle
seasons soon . We'll be eating some Bambi this year .
--
Snag
Mighty Hunter

I hope to be adding some Bambi to the freezer too. Been bow hunting to
no avail so far.

As for deer in my back yard, which wife does not want me to shoot, after
yesterdays posting I've been tossing firecrackers off the deck to chase
them. If I walk out and yell they just move off a bit and look at me.
Enough to drive a hunter crazy.