Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Boots

On 02/10/2013 08:00, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 00:22:05 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...

I'm looking for waterproof ankle boots....any recomendations? Ta

Take a look in the urg archive at google, we've discussed this often.
The general view is that you will get better quality at half the price,
at builders suppliers. Compared with "outdoor" /hill walking shops.

Not sure how to do that Janet. I want something like wellies, but short.
have seen stuff on Ebay and Amazon, but prefer to buy on recomendation. I
don't need wellies, which I have, but have started voluntary work at an
animal santuary.........lots of poo about! Just don't want to muck up
trainers.

If the sanctuary keeps anything as large as donkeys, horses etc I
suggest boots with steel toecaps. Vets working with large animals wear
them.

Yep I have my eye on some. Now, how to stop geese biting.....you know
where!! lol

One of these
http://tinyurl.com/oxcn9kx ? ;-)

Not knowing where you are I would say a good local agricultural supplies
store that sells clothing etc..
Here we have 2 about 15 miles from us in opposite directions.
One has part of a 6ft wide display with 2 brands of wellies, the other
has around 50ft run 5 shelves high with boot, shoes wellies etc. priced
from just over £10 to well over £100.
I'd go for full length wellies as mud etc. will migrate up the sides of
boots.
I was out yesterday getting a new pair of wellies for myself
I get Nora, they are light weight, have no cloth lining so if they get
wet or dirty inside they can be wiped dry.
They are proper working werllies and I have been wearing them now for
around 50 years ( and before some smart ass says anything, Not the same
pair).
See http://www.protectoplast.co.uk/our-p.../polyurethene/
david@an overcast side of Swansea bay