Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Sad Cox's apple tree

On 07/10/2013 16:53, Broadback wrote:
My own fault, I should have thinned the apples. The crop is huge, though
the apples on the small size. This morning on going down the garden I
saw that the tree was leaning considerably. On investigation I noticed
that it has happened at the graft, the weight of the fruit was too much!

I'd stake it hard so that the break in the graft is closed as tight as
possible, then with luck in couple of years the break will have healed
completely.
But remember it will be a slow job.