Old 10-10-2013, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Extreme vegetables

On 10/10/2013 11:06, mogga wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 21:34:31 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

I am interested in any experiences with any of these, and other
extreme vegetables not mentioned that are worth a go.

I got some purple potatos at Asda, cheap. I guess most won't to buy them.
Not only is their skin purple, but so is the flesh. They are perfectly fine
but if they have to sell them cheaply I might not see them again.

Purple Majesty. Yes, is kind of strange to have a purple potato but I
loved it.
Tweed

We had some and they were just like normal spuds but purple. Got a pic
of purple mash somewhere.

Yes, the purple mash makes interesting Shepherds or Cottage pie. Also,
as roast spuds they are pretty tasty and quite decorative.

The only real issue I have with them is that it is basically impossible
to see if they have been hit by blight or are otherwise damaged. A deep
indigo colour is pretty good at masking the sort of dark grey you get
with sick spuds.

--

Jeff