Old 10-10-2013, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Extreme vegetables

In article ,
echinosum wrote:

I am interested in any experiences with any of these, and
other
extreme vegetables not mentioned that are worth a go.

I've found achocha easy, but you need to get it going well indoors and
plant out, which is amusing as it is a rampant climber. It does
self-seed but germinates too late out of doors to get into fruit.
'Vegetable Seed : Cucumbers, gherkins and a few other oddities'
(http://tinyurl.com/4y7sm6y)

Thanks very much. It looks amusing, but next year may be a bit
tricky, as I shall be away during some of April.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.