Old 18-10-2013, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Dahlias

On 18/10/2013 16:40, Sacha wrote:
Ours are still budding and I'm still dead-heading. I've read that some
people have had their first frosts but with luck, we should keep going
for a while longer. It's still really pretty mild, 14C in Plymouth and
rain promised for days to come. We had a pretty swift shower just now
but it looks as if more is lurking there somewhere!

Mine out in the field have taken a bit of a beating but the "Tree"
dahlias are still OK with a couple of the Imperialis almost 12 ft tall
and a semi double peach one only just behind at almost 11ft.
Imperialis and Teniucaulis just over 9ft tall) are both showing the
start of flower buds.
David @ a yet again blustery Swansea Bay