Old 18-10-2013, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dahlias

Ours are still budding and I'm still dead-heading. I've read that some
people have had their first frosts but with luck, we should keep going
for a while longer. It's still really pretty mild, 14C in Plymouth and
rain promised for days to come. We had a pretty swift shower just now
but it looks as if more is lurking there somewhere!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 18-10-2013, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/10/2013 16:40, Sacha wrote:
Ours are still budding and I'm still dead-heading. I've read that some
people have had their first frosts but with luck, we should keep going
for a while longer. It's still really pretty mild, 14C in Plymouth and
rain promised for days to come. We had a pretty swift shower just now
but it looks as if more is lurking there somewhere!

Mine out in the field have taken a bit of a beating but the "Tree"
dahlias are still OK with a couple of the Imperialis almost 12 ft tall
and a semi double peach one only just behind at almost 11ft.
Imperialis and Teniucaulis just over 9ft tall) are both showing the
start of flower buds.
David @ a yet again blustery Swansea Bay
Old 21-10-2013, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-10-18 17:01:42 +0100, David Hill said:

On 18/10/2013 16:40, Sacha wrote:
Ours are still budding and I'm still dead-heading. I've read that some
people have had their first frosts but with luck, we should keep going
for a while longer. It's still really pretty mild, 14C in Plymouth and
rain promised for days to come. We had a pretty swift shower just now
but it looks as if more is lurking there somewhere!

Mine out in the field have taken a bit of a beating but the "Tree"
dahlias are still OK with a couple of the Imperialis almost 12 ft tall
and a semi double peach one only just behind at almost 11ft.
Imperialis and Teniucaulis just over 9ft tall) are both showing the
start of flower buds.
David @ a yet again blustery Swansea Bay

The D. imperialis in the garden is still standing - though I wonder if
it will be after today - but there's not a hope of it flowering now. I
should think it's about 10' tall which, considering we thought we'd
lost it, is pretty good going. But the Amicia zygomeris have hardly
flowered at all this year and we can only put it down to the cold
spring. It's grown, had loads of would-be buds on it but only one
sprig has flowered.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

dahlias...am I in trouble seepnezorf1 Gardening 2 02-06-2003 03:32 AM
Dahlias Starlord North Carolina 0 28-03-2003 02:32 PM
Dahlias Starlord Gardening 0 28-03-2003 02:32 PM
Dahlias for Spring Planting Starlord Gardening 0 20-02-2003 03:51 AM
Dahlias and Cannas at Wisley Ian Wilkins United Kingdom 0 30-09-2002 10:24 AM