Old 19-10-2013, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:58:37 +0000, Baz wrote:

My main maincrop, Maris Piper will remain hard no matter how long I boil
them.
I have some other varieties that are OK. but I have loads of Maris
Piper. I don't suppose there is anything I can do about it. It is going
to be a huge waste.

Some people on the allotment are going to store theirs hoping that a bit
of coolness or whatever might sort it.

Should I write them off? Or store them in the unlikely event that this
would fix them.

Cheers Baz

Roast or chipped?

This should cook them at a much higher temperature than 100C which is
roughly the limit for boiling.

Thinly sliced and oven baked for crisps?

Cheers

Dave R