Old 25-10-2013, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes will not cook properly.

"Bill Grey" wrote in
:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
snip

You haven't lived until you've had an egg explode in the microwave!

snip

I haven't had that but I have had a bottle of homemade elderflower
champagne, in an old screw-top bottle explode in my kitchen, luckily
at around 6 am before anyone was up.
Glass embedded in ceiling, walls venetian blind etc, all over
everything along with the contents of the bottle.
That was about 30 years ago and I have only made it once since!
At least the egg would be contained in the microwave, I assume.

Pam in Bristol

Sorry to divert from spuds, but many years ago my bro-in-law was
decorating his kitchen having sent his wife and kids to his M-in-law
for a couple of dys. As a small diversion, in his spare time he
decided to make some blackberry wine ! Fine - mash was fermenting
well in the demijohn on the kitchen table. The ceiling by now was
beautifully painted white! A rogue blackberry was carried upwards in
the frothy head in the demijohn and was jammed in the fermentaion
lock. Suddenly, with a slight pop! the blackberry shot out of the
glass fermentaion lock and hit the ceiling making a lovely purple/pink
splodge dead centre of the ceiling......."Oh dear, let's start again"
was his retort.

Bill

I can imagine the splodge, I like that new(to me)word.
Lets have another go, this time please don't splodge the ceiling, again.

Baz