Old 26-10-2013, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Black or othe colour plastic to cover ground

In article , says...

I'm going to try a deliberate (rather than involuntary) no dig policy this
winter on the allotment.

I need some opaque plastic sheets to cover the ground.

I do have some black and some blue DPC membrane for putting in foundations.

Will this be O.K. or do I need something gardening specific?

Equally, if I don't have enough then this plastic is cheap as chips from
Builders Merchants.

Not too cheap; the wind can shred light plastic.
Last year I used an ancient HD tarp we used to use on woodstacks;
it's got holes and is no longer waterproof but good enough for weed
suppression. Held down with bricks and scaffold poles. In spring the
clean soft ready soil was a joy to behold.

You may be able to get hold of battered old discarded tarps free from
a local builder, haulier etc.

Janet