Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default After the storm

On 2013-11-01 21:04:57 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:21:15 +0000, sacha wrote:

The builders didn't know and neither did the owners so in clearing

the
garden the whole lot got dug up or dug in. The irony is they

recently
bought some in flower!

First rule of gardening, instantly broken. What a shame!

Is that the rule that says when moving to a new property wait a year
to see what comes up in the garden?

Exactly that. I do understand the excitement of owning a new home and
wanting to put your own stamp on it. But with gardens, my personal
feeling is that it's more taking on a heritage, if you're lucky. These
people were unlucky enough to be in too much of a hurry. You can see
the most obvious faults or bonuses of a house pretty well immediately
but a garden takes at least a year to reveal itself. Those plants are
quite expensive and they went out to buy what they'd thrown out. Oh
dear!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com