Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Hops

In article , times says...

I've been told that hops will twine in different directions as they climb
upwards according to which hemispehere in which they grow.

Oh.. I thought it was , the way water swirls round as it reaches the
plughole.

I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and my hops twine clockwise around supports.
Every single one of my stems is growing clockwise with not one counter
clockwise grower.

Has anyone in the Northern Hemisphere noticed which way hops twine where
they live?

No, but I'll go out and look at mine in a minute. Then I'll have to
check the plughole..

Janet