Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What a lovely day

"David Hill" wrote

Well this is the most miserable day of this autumn, it's been windy
(gusting to 50mph and over for the last 4 hours) with either drizzle or
rain almost all day and still not easing up.

After the gales the other day I took this pic of the Dahlia Imperialis
still holding up but a little windswept from the other side.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps750d897a.jpg

With luck they may yet come into flower, the buds are coming in quite
quickly
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psadbd6bbb.jpg

Funny enough I was talking to a friend recently and we were saying that had
we still had the tall D.imperialis (from Hillhouse) they would probably be
in flower this year as we haven't had a frost yet. I only took my Cymbidiums
into the greenhouse today.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.