Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being unpopular

In article ,
Jake wrote:

Bypassing the 140 limit is easy.

By breaking its security or spewing out a sequence of minced-up
text? Neither attracts me - the latter because I have used several
such systems, and it's horrible to read. It gets REALLY horrible
when half a dozen people are doing it at once!

Nope. http://www.twitlonger.com/

Which is no different from posting a Web reference to the posting.

Alternatively, you simply split a message into a few tweets; just make
sure that tweet 2 is sent as a reply to tweet 1, tweet 3 as a reply to
tweet 2 and so on. This preserves the sequence and, of course, when
you reply to your own tweets you actually "reply" to those to whom you
originally tweeted. Recipients simply "view the conversation" to see
the tweets in uninterrupted sequence.

And how do you stop other people's replies getting interleaved?
It is that which is the issue.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.