Old 08-11-2013, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Cold night ahead?

On 2013-11-08 17:24:23 +0000, Roger Tonkin said:

In article ,
says...

It's been another lovely sunset, though not as spectacular as last
night's. But from a very clear, cold sky we are now seeing the arrival
of some very dark clouds, apparently from two different directions! One
layer - the blackest - is well below the other. Apparently it was 4C
here early this morning.

Sitting here I can see a lovely clear cresent (plus a
bit) moon in the sky with no clouds near by (too dark
to see further) Temp was down to 5 when I put the car
away at 4.00pm. Had pouring rain all day, so dry and
cold is welcome here (inside the house!)

Well, dry inside the house is always good. We're having a "can't make
its mind up evening". The black cloud dumped a lot of rain and wind and
moved away and clear, crisp sky returned. Now it's pitch dark and very
still. Later, I'll look for stars and shiver!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com