Old 10-11-2013, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Mushrooms

On 10/11/2013 16:32, Let It Be wrote:
David Hill wrote:
My ground was grazed by horses for at least 30 years before I bought
it, but I've never seen a single mushroom on it.
I've started buying mushrooms that have the full stalk and have
compost and mycelium on the base, so I am cutting this off and
lifting a bit of turf and putting them under.
My question is.
How deep should I plant the stems an inch below the surface or deeper?
David @ a bright, sunny side of Swansea Bay.

And there's me trying to rid the lawn of the bloody things!

Your comment reminds me of when I was a youngster in Hastings, the
council in their wisdom top dressed The Pilot Field which was Hastings
Uniteds pitch with spent mushroom compost, turned out not as spent as
they thought,
David